This is an eyecatching and profusely beaded handbag, handmade for 'Le Soir' probably in the 1960s in a gorgeous ivory colour.
- The first level of beading features tiny milky white micro beads which sit in the concave side of faceted sequins, mother of pearl in colour so give off a range of colours depending upon how they catch the light.
- The next level of decadent beading is provided by rows of looped milky white micro beads from which hang pendant faceted ivory beads. Overall the effect is quite stunning and whilst the bag is a 1960s and more modern shape the beading has a reminiscence of the 1920s flapper girl era!
- The frame is in a gold-coloured metal along with the snake chain type handle. It has a two ball twist open/shut mechanism
- The lining is a cream satin with a small pocket which displays the label 'Handmade Exclusively for Le Soir Handbags'
- The bag measures 9ins at the widest point and 5.75ins from top to bottom. The handle measures just under 13ins in total
- The bag is in near excellent condition. There is a hint of a water mark in the lining but noticeable only on close inspection
This decadent beaded bag will complement any gown or outfit and if you love beads you will love this!