This is a vintage late 1950s or early 1960s Australian designer handbag by Park Lane in Melbourne. Park Lane Handbags were established in 1958 and one of their signature bags was the Regal Mesh design, a coated metal link creating a lovely soft and tactile feel to the bag or purse. This bag is a classic Regal Mesh handbag!
- The frame has a white enamelled feature to both sides and contrasting gold hardware
- The body of the bag is formed with the Regal Mesh links in white
- The classically vintage 'snake' metal handle is also in white
- The lining is in a pale cream satin with a pocket finished off with a narrow gold edging and contains a cosmetics mirror and the original Park Lane makers card
- The bag fastens with a two bar twist snap shut clasp
- The condition is near perfect and the outside of the bag barely shows signs of use. The lining does have some very light staining although the fabric is barely worn, with one very small stain to one corner, which I have been unable to remove
- The outside of the bag is bigger than the actual container inside but when lying flat the whole bag measures 8ins from the top of the frame to the bottom of the lower edge and 9.5ins from side to side at the widest point. The frame measures just under 7.5ins at the widest point. The handle is 14ins long. The inside of the bag has a structured base which measures 2.5ins across from front to back
This gorgeous vintage designer accessory can add a touch of classic vintage glamour to your bridal gown or evening outfit!