Your complete and absolute satisfaction with your purchase is of the utmost importance to me. I want you to receive your item and know that you have purchased something special and befitting your special occasion. But if you are not accustomed to vintage and antique period pieces then please take note.
- Many of the items at Silk in Time will show some signs of wear and tear commensurate with their age and antique or vintage status.
- Please take care when reading the item description including any flaws or repairs and if you are looking for brand new accessories then this website is definitely not for you
- I do my best to convey photographs of each individual item and describe them in as much detail as possible but monitors do vary so colours may not be represented accurately
- On occasions and particularly if I am making a bespoke piece, I may have enough fabric or lace to send customers very small samples by post to view colours in full before choosing but when I have worked with small amounts of lace or with one-off authentic antique or vintage pieces, this will usually not be possible. So please take care when looking at the photographs of an item in addition to the description
I want all Silk in Time customers to be delighted with their purchases and feel that they have acquired something special and unique for themselves or the bride. However this sometimes doesn't work out right when shopping online, so if you receive your item and it is not what you expected:
- Please contact me WITHIN 2 DAYS OF RECEIPT by emailing email@example.com and let me know the item is being returned. I will immediately forward you the returns address details
- Then return the item with the 'REASON FOR RETURN' note from the invoice in an UNUSED condition i.e. in the condition you received the item and in the original packaging within 7 DAYS OF RECEIPT. It is strongly advised that the same method of postage is repeated to ensure appropriate insurance and compensation in the event of loss or damage. Therefore please ensure you retain your proof of postage and tracking information
- Providing these conditions are adhered to, a full refund minus shipping costs will be made
- If the item is returned after 7 days and up to 30 DAYS OF RECEIPT then an exchange of the purchased item to the same value will be offered providing the item is returned in the original unused condition in which it left Silk in Time
- Please note that in the event of a returned parcel becoming lost or damaged, it is the responsibility of the customer to pursue a claim with the postal service used to return the parcel to Silk in Time
For any item returned which has been purchased at an event such as a Bridal Fair or vintage show, a credit note or alternative item to the same value will be offered within 30 days of purchase providing the item is returned in unused condition.
Under no circumstances will any form of refund be given if it is evident that the goods returned have been used since leaving Silk in Time and are not in the same condition since initial dispatch from Silk in Time.
International customers from outside the EU wishing to make returns must attach a Customs form to the parcel, declaring that the contents are 'Returned Goods'. If this is not done and a Customs fee is levied on re-entry into the United Kingdom, payment will be refused and the parcel returned to the customer.
Your legal rights are not affected.