Order & Delivery Information
Placing an order
You can order straight from this website:
- By adding an item to your shopping basket or cart
- If the item is showing as out of stock then it must have been sold as all of my pieces are either one-off designs or unique authentic antique items
- If you like something you see either available or sold that may be similar to what you are looking for, contact me and we can discuss whether I have the materials and colours for a bespoke design of your choice
- PayPal is the most secure payment method and even if you don't have a PayPal account you can pay with a credit or debit card securely via the PayPal site
- Prices are displayed in sterling however overseas customers may opt to pay in Euros or US dollars. However please note that your credit or debit card provider may charge you a premium for this currency conversion
- Silk in Time reserves the right to cancel an order if a credit or visa card issuer does not authorise payment
- By placing an order with Silk in Time you are indicating that you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions so please take care to read all of the information thoroughly
- Please note that a contract for the sale of any product will not commence until you receive an email from Silk in Time accepting and confirming your order. That confirmation email will for all purposes, be deemed to have been effectively communciated to you at the time the email was sent from Silk in Time and will be deemed to have been concluded within the United Kingdom
- All orders will be dispatched via Royal Mail Delivery Signed For or Next Day Special Delivery according to the value of the item
- Postage & packaging charges start at £4.50 for the smallest and lightest parcel and for items valued at less than £50. Parcels valued at over £50 and under £500 will be dispatched using Next Day Special Delivery at £7.50 and parcels valued at up to £1000 will cost £8.50. Please choose the appropriate option at the checkout. These P&P costs reflect the necessary insurance and compensation in the event of Royal Mail losing or damaging valuable items during transit
- Customers from outside the United Kingdom wishing to place an order, please contact me and I can get an estimate of delivery costs to your home country.
- International customers must also be aware that customs or import duties may be applied to their delivery by their home country and Silk in Time has no control over this or the charges that may or may not apply. Indeed customs policies do vary from country to country so it may be worth contacting your Customs Department for further information
- Items will be dispatched within 3 days of cleared payment but if you require your purchase urgently, let me know and I will do my utmost to accommodate your request.
- As I do go away for short spells to auctions and sales events, if there is to be any delay in postage I will contact customers informing them of the estimated delivery time
- Customers requesting bespoke designs will be given an estimated completion and delivery date once the design is agreed
- Items are packaged according to individual requirements for the piece, in mailing envelopes or boxes to ensure safe transit to the customer. Items are wrapped in acid-free tissue paper which I advise customers to continue using for storage purposes. I personally check the condition of every single item before it is wrapped and packaged for dispatch to ensure that it will arrive to you as it left me. If this is not the case, please contact me as soon as possible after delivery.