These are a beautiful pair of small, very light beige or dark cream gloves, handmade in Irish Crochet Lace. I was told they haven't been worn in well over 50 years and suspect they date earlier than the 1960s! Perfect for a vintage look at any time of year!
- They feature a single '3D' rose with double rows of petals at the centre of the top of the cuff
- On the underside of the cuff there are two single petal roses
- These are framed by a continuous row of smaller roses going all the way around the wrist
- A wonderful deeply scalloped edge to the cuff
- A small fan design throughout the net covering the front and back of the hand
- In very good condition apart from some slight evidence of wear to the ends of some of the fingertips. The threads are strong and unworn and only on close inspection, look slightly discoloured at the finger ends although they have been carefully laundered
- Petite size and will fit small ladies hands or an older child or teenager. Measure approx. 7.5" from the wrist to the end of the middle finger. The wrist is approx. 6.25" in circumference although there is a little give in the cotton when worn. The middle finger length is approx. 3" long and the wrist to the base of the middle finger is approx. 4.25"
- The beautifully detailed scalloped cuff is approx. just under 2" at the deepest point
These very collectable gloves, made by a skilled lacemaker at least 50 years ago, can continue at least another 50 years and certainly complement any vintage look!