These are stunning vintage handmade children's gloves in Picot Bigouden or Irish Crochet but Breton style. The work particularly in the cuffs is meticulous and has been made by a very skilled lacemaker!
- The hands of the cotton gloves are a fine crochet net with tiny knots similar to that found in Clones Irish Crochet with three rows of fine fan motifs on the front
- The very deep flared cuffs feature large open rings edging the shaped, oval panels of net and guipure type motifs
- I have added very fine vintage bobbin lace trim as ribbon through the thread-through eyelets on the wrists
- The colour is the palest of creams or ivory
- The condition is very good however there is some very slight discolouration to the ends of the fingertips which I've been unable to remove but this is only noticeable on close inspection. A child has worn these somewhere in the distant past.. if only they could talk!
- Lying flat the width of the wrist at the ribbon is just under 3ins. From the tip of the middle finger to the wrist is just under 6ins and from side to side at the base of the fingers i.e. the knuckle area is just under 3ins. The flared cuffs at their longest point are 3.5ins
These are very high quality handmade gloves that would complement any bridesmaid or flowergirl outfit at a vintage or contemporary wedding!