This is a beautiful long, white antique lace bridal lappet (worn from the back of the head as an alternative to a veil) or a tippet (worn as a long narrow scarf) which could be worn long after your wedding day for special occasions.
- This is probably Schiffli lace and dates to the 1890s or early 1900s
- The net is profusely embroidered with needlerun stitching with little flowers and leaf designs and small guipure sections. The edges are scalloped all the way round with little medallions and picots
- Each end of the lappet widens slightly and has a beautiful feature panel of larger guipure designs and flowers, tiny knots and around the edge the medallions are bigger to accentuate the panel overall
- The lappet is in near perfect condition and required very little input to prepare it for use. It is a consistent white throughout and apart from an occasional loss of thread, shows very little evidence of use
- The dimensions are: 64" long and 4" wide. The end panels flare out slightly to 4.75" wide
The lappet offers something different as a headpiece and can very easily be pinned to the back of your hair. Alternatively if you aren't wearing a traditional gown but are looking for a touch of lace to add to your outfit but don't want a full size shawl, this might be the answer!