This understated, subtle and very pretty Silk in Time garter has been hand-made with vintage Japanese Shiromuku Wedding Kimono silk in ivory and vintage French openwork lace in lilac and ivory.
- The lace was discovered in the heart of the Portou-Charentes region of south-west France, where it had been safely stored for many decades in a shoe-box!
- There is a double layer of lace to the bottom of the garter & a single layer around the top
- The garter is embellished in the centre with a hand-made heart-shaped feature made from vintage French ruching ribbon, antique faceted purple transclucent sequins and lilac glass seed beads
- To each side of the heart there is a delicate small bow made with new ivory ribbon, finished with a single purple sequin and seed bead
- At the back of the garter there is a slightly larger ivory bow to finish off this unique design that you will not see anywhere else!
- The measurements are: 6.25" wide x 2.25" deep. When worn it will comfortably fit a leg circumference up to 21ins
The garter will come in its own hand-made storage bag with lavender sachet and care instructions.
If this will be your 'something old' and you want it to be your 'something blue' too, a discreet blue bead, bow or sequin can be added on request. This is a one-off garter that will complement your bridal lingerie and add to your wedding keepsakes for years to come!