This is an elegant and classy Silk in Time bridal garter handmade with vintage French lace and vintage silk.
- The French lace was discovered in storage along with other antique textiles following a shop closure in Normandy, very well preserved and just requiring laundering before use
- The lace has a very dramatic scalloped lower edge which creates a pretty frill type effect to the garter accentuated by the very fine vintage silk trim I've added to the bottom and top edges. The actual lace is decorated with an array of infill stitches to the net giving it a very light and airy feel
- The new garter elastic is housed within a garter sleeve made from vintage Japanese Hakkake silk, which is the silk used to line the inside of Kimonos
- The front of the garter is decorated with a cluster of antique ivory sequins and glass seed beads and has two small bows made with new cream ribbon either side, each centred with a correspondent single sequin and bead
- At the back of the garter there is a longer cream bow, again centred with a single sequin and bead and around the whole garter there are occasional sequins and beads added which just catch the light and accentuate the beauty of this gorgeous lace
- This elegant garter measures 3.75" deep at the deepest point and just under 2" at the most shallow. When relaxed it measures 7" from side to side and will comfortably fit a leg circumference up to 18" so therefore this is a small to medium size garter.
This garter will come supplied with its own handmade storage bag, lavender pouch and care instructions.