If you're planning a vintage wedding and you're looking for genuine vintage head pieces, this pair could be for you! This gorgeous headdress and veil probably date to the 1930s or 1940s based on the style and materials and feature:
- A full ring or wreath headdress of pale cream pearlised wax flowers and garlands of buds /pearls which sits on the top of your head or just towards the back
- Fine elastic is fitted on the underside of the headdress to assist in placing and fixing the headdress to your hair and head
- The off-white soft silk veil has been fitted to the headdress forming soft pleats in the centre of the ring and drapes from the back in full soft folds. This is the classic 1940s style of wearing veils
- The edge of the veil is slightly scalloped in shape and has been finished with light tambour or chain stitch with bows into the recess of the shaping
- The bottom tier of the veil is mid-back length or around elbow length: approx. 32" from the back of the headdress to the bottom edge of the longest tier
- The shorter tier measures approx. 19" from the back of the headdress to the bottom edge. I wouldn't recommend that this tier be used to cover the face as some of the flowers can catch on the veil and make the process of bringing the veil back over to the back problematic and potentially cause damage
- The diameter of the inner ring is 5" and including the flowers is approx 6.75"
- These are very old pieces and have clearly had a life somewhere. There are one or two petals missing and several repairs to the flowers which in the main are not noticeable. The veil is strong and wearable however there are two very small repairs, shown on the photograph, and areas along the edges had frayed or come loose. These have been repaired but if you're looking for a veil and headdress that will withstand rough handling then this may not be for you.
However if you're looking for a beautiful vintage headdress and a classic, elegant, flowing veil that will become an heirloom to hand down and if you're prepared to respect them as precious vintage pieces, then these could be for you!