This is a beautiful vintage white lace edged fine linen bridal handkerchief that would make a beautiful gift as the bride's 'something old' and also be a 'Good Luck' wish too!
- The net lace features a beautifully embroidered posy of shamrocks to each corner
- Each side of the hankie is adorned with a garland of tamboured flowers probably to represent Irish Roses
- The outer edge of the lace is scalloped with stylised leave designs and small areas of tambour framing the shamrock posies
- This beautiful lace was probably machine-made in Ireland to mimick the style of the Irish handmade needle laces such as Limerick tambour
- It is in excellent condition apart from one tiny repair I made to an opening seam
- It measures 10.25" square. The very fine linen square measures 5.75" and the lace edging is 2.25"