This is a stunning vintage bridal handkerchief with exquisite designs around the net lace border.
- Art Nouveau designs have been created using a combination of tambour and embroidered stitches on net using white and pale lemon silky threads
- Each corner has a large embroidered rose in pale lemon and outlined in white tambour or chain stitch
- The edge of the handkerchief has tiny picots or loops as does the edge of the centre cotton
- The edge of the centre cotton whch has diagonal corners, has also been been stitched with white and lemon threads making this a feature and corresponding with the threads in the border
- The condition is near perfect and appears never to have been used: there is an occasional thread loss on very close inspection only
- The dimensions are:9.25" x 10"
This is an exquisite vintage handkerchief which would make a lovely gift for a 'something old' for a bride which can be used on the day and a wedding keepsake which can be kept for years after!