This vintage huckaback white linen towel would make a lovely wedding gift to a discerning couple with an eye for antiques and quality period pieces for their home.
- This towel probably dates from the Edwardian period and features hand-crocheted edging to both ends depicting single hearts along the design
- Drawn thread work edges the linen which features an 8 inch soft border of bold sunflowers and leafy designs again at each end
- The towel is in very good condition particularly the drawn thread work which is so often frayed or worn on these antique textiles
- The crochet edging is also in excellent condition and whoever stitched it by hand to the towel originally did so very competently as it remains very strong and very usable
- As is usual with most antique linens, the towel bears a small laundry mark to one corner. The linen is in very good condition and only the very soft fabric of the floral border indicates slight wear and previous light use
- The towel measurements are 24.25" wide and just under 49" long including the crochet edging which is 2.5" so this would make a very usable and beautiful guest towel or display towel in a period bathroom