These are a magnificent pair of ebony and chased or engraved silver glove stretchers that would make a fabulous gift for a bride wearing vintage leather gloves or as a collectable 'something old' keepsake to adorn a classy dressing table!
- Made from a beautifully smooth ebony which have been very lightly engraved as such just below one of the silver mounts
- Hallmarked as silver with London assay marks for either 1907 or 1927 and maker marks for HD Daltry & Co. These silversmiths first registered in 1906 and their work included perfuum bottles, brooches, stretchers and letter openers
- The cartouches on each mount have not been engraved
- In full working order with a tight spring action
- In near excellent condition apart from minor surface scratches to the silver and a little tarnishing to one of the cartouches
- Measure 8ins long and 2.75ins wide when closed
These would make a wonderful gift and collectable keepsake for any discerning bride to be!