This is a gorgeous vintage beaded handbag or evening purse from the Art Deco period, that is typical of the style and will add vintage glamour to any bridal outfit. There is no label to indicate its origin but I acquired it in the United States so it may well have been made there or been exported from Europe perhaps from France.
- The beading is lovely and tight and expertly done with tiny glass pearly white beads front and back. The front of the bag is decorated with a classic Art Deco design which has been accentuated with faceted bugle beads which shimmer and catch the light adding to its glamour! The back has been beaded in 4 triangular sections of neat graduated rows. The little handle is also beaded
- The lining is a silky satin and includes a small pocket
- Unlike many beaded bags of that period, the structure of this bag is very substantial and it has an almost padded feel to it, giving a sense of a lot of years left in this beautiful little piece!
- Dull gold coloured hardware, which fastens with a two ball twist snap shut clasp
- The condition is excellent. There is a hint of a small watermark on the lining,on the underside of the frame near the top, but this is barely visible to the naked eye hence the decision to leave it as it is
- The bag measures 6.5" across at the widest point and 6" from the top of the frame to the bottom. The handle is just under 12" long