This is a gorgeous, high quality and stylish 1950s beaded handbag that bears all the hallmarks of a vintage piece from that period. This bag came in a large collection of handbags and purses from a specialist textile and fashion auction, which had been collected by a lady over many decades. Many including this one looked to have been rarely used, if at all.
- Classic 1940s,1950s handbag shape in off-white or ivory
- Fantastic beading in a consistent pattern throughout in tiny glass seed beads
- Probably intended for the bridal market and imported from Hong Kong
- Ivory coloured silky satin lining which has an open pocket on one side containing a cosmetics mirror and a zipped pocket on the other. The original tissue is still inside the bag. This bag has obviously been looked after!
- The bag closes with a metal 'over the frame' closure which is scalloped around the edge and works perfectly
- The handle is soft and fully beaded
- The condition is near perfect. There is a small mark near the side of the otherwise immaculate lining. There are no missing beads but there is a hint of a very small stain of approx. 3mm on the base of the bag visible on close inspection. The silver coloured hardware is tarnished in places but this is not really noticeable as the hardware is hardly visible
- The measurements are 10.5" at the widest point and 7.75" from the top of the frame to the base. The handle is just over 14.5" long. The base of the bag measures just under 1.5" wide
This is a beautiful bag and of superior quality and would complement any bridal outfit!