This is a stunning antique needlerun ivory lace fichu or triangular shawl which would grace any bridal outfit and become an heirloom for future generations!
- The lace is profusely decorated in a Limerick run lace style, with a variety of infill stitches, flowers and classical shapes on a very pretty fine net ground
- The edge has a fine 'eyelash' finish
- The top of the shawl has an additional section which rolls over as a collar to the front and a second triangle or point at the back
- The shawl measures just over 12ins from the seam of the back of the collar to the longest point at the back and just under 6ins to the shorter point. From the bottom of the collar seam at the front to the lowest tips of the front lapels or ties the measurements are 15ins and the collar measures 24ins around the inside. From tip to tip of each tie, lying flat the shawl measures just under 56ins
- The condition is excellent following a couple of very minor repairs of loose threads
This is an exquisite antique lace shawl that would make a fabulous gift or keepsake that is wearable and if looked after will reward the fortunate guardian for years and decades to come!