This is a beautiful French vintage bridal bag or evening purse which probably dates to the 1950s and is in excellent condition. This will complete any wedding ensemble or special occasion outfit and there certainly won't be another bag like this one there!
- Etched gilt frame
- Made from beautiful silk fabric inside and out
- Heavily embellished with ivory and mother of pearl coloured sequins that give off pink and green hues in the light
- Delicate little bronze coloured bugle beads sparkle and catch the light and bounce off the colour of the etched gilt frame which they outline all the way round
- The silk lining has a little pocket which houses a small, slightly worn leather covered cosmetics mirror which probably didn't originate with the bag but somebody, somewhere in the past put them together so together they stay! The 'Made in France' label is displayed on the little pocket
- This stunning bag is in excellent condition and shows little sign of use. The lining has the smallest hint of wear to the silk which I have strengthened by adding antique ivory sequins around the top of the inside of the frame. There was some general age related rust stains on the lining and some dirty and missing beads and sequins to address and replace so I have had much enjoyment from bringing this beautiful bag as near as possible back to its original state
- The kiss twist two ball snap shut clasp works perfectly and shows no wear to the gilt
- Measures: 4.5"high x 8" wide at the widest point. The gilt chain handle measures 9.5" in total
- I would recommend this bag to be used to hold a few light items only e.g. mobile phone, lipstick and handkerchief. This was made in a time when evening purses were not expected to carry the weight and bulk modern handbags often do today!
This exquisite vintage bag will provide a classy and elegant accessory to your outfit or gown whatever your style!